Welcome from our EO
Welcome to the Gippsland Disability Advocacy website.
We hope our new format will provide easy access to information regarding GDAI services, but to also provide you with links to services and programs in the Gippsland area. Our site is designed to:
- Promote awareness and understanding of the needs and abilities of people with a disability
- Provide valuable information to people with a disability, families and professionals on the vital advocacy support services we provide
- Highlight the talents of our dedicated Board of Management and staff who strive for excellence and always go above and beyond
The website also makes it easier than ever for you to partner with us and ensure that our services will continue to thrive for decades to come! Become a member of GDAI
GDA – is seeking additional Board members.
GDA is seeking prospective Board members who have values consistent with our Mission and Vision, including social justice and upholding the rights of people with disability.
Who We Are
Gippsland Disability Advocacy Inc. (GDAI) is a not for profit, community based Incorporated Association with a full gift tax recipient status.
As a truly community based organisation, becoming a member of Gippsland Disability Advocacy Incorporated is open to all people of the community who wish to show support for the aims, vision and philosophy of Gippsland Disability Advocacy.
Disability Royal Commission
The Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability was established just over four years ago on 4 April 2019. The Disability Royal Commission (or DRC) final report is due to be presented to Government on 29 September 2023.
People with a disability have the right to:
- Be seen as valued community members;
- See all discrimination end;
- Be listened to;
- Speak out for their rights;
- Be informed
- Do things for themselves;
- Make choices;
- Take Risks;
- Learn about living in the community;
- Have friends and a variety of relationships;
GDAI is supported by the Victorian Goverment
GDAI is funded by the Department of Social Services (DSS)